Today, on May 18th, I have:
- cooking greens (both outside and in the greenhouse) - chard, kale, cauliflower & broccoli greens, French sorrel (great in soups)
- wild greens - lamb's quarters, thumble weed (delicious when very young), wild mustard, stinging nettle (great in soups)
- salad greens are in the full swing (the greenhouse is gone, but the outdoors is still cool enough). Garlic greens and chives, of course.
- eggs from chickens and guinea fowl - lots
- meat in the freezer from our own turkey butchered last fall
- meat from a local beef ranchero
- milk from my two goats - lots. With milk comes cheese and yogurt
- winter squash from last year - I really need to get it finished!
- canned goods from last year - peach jam, tomato sauces, beets, chutneys
- some honey
Well, there is still enough to make it by! I only have one more week to go until real shopping.