Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Herbal Goat Medicine Against Parasites


I am giving this post a long boring name to get it show up on search engines. My own searches brought next to nothing on the subject, unless you count vague statements that such and such herb aids in parasite control without any details on quantities etc. I got my favorite book by Juliette of the Herbs "The Complete Herbal for Farm and Stable", read the chapter on using garlic and went to work. Juliette recommends one full plant of garlic, leaves and all, chopped up and mixed with oat bran, pumpkin seed and molasses. I happen to have all the ingredients in either my garden or my pantry, so after a short time dedicated to chopping and mixing I got the aromatic goo delivered to my two princesses, Katia and Rosa.
Katia gobbled up the entire plate meant for two; while Rosa politely declined. To be honest, I was worried if Katia will pass out from nearly a full pound of dynamite-looking concoction, but she licked her lips and has been in good health and disposition since then. I think I will add some grain to the mix to seduce Rosa to have it. I cannot tell how much Katia's parasite load has been reduced, however it did her lots of good anyway as a health tonic. While she is not in milk, garlic is going to be her weekly dish.
I also learned that honey suckle is used for the same purpose and that it should be grown for goats to browse on freely. Done. I am on my way to a plant nursery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I'm the Green Living editor at Before It's News. Our site is a People Powered news platform with over 1,000,000 visits a month and growing fast.

We would be honored if we could republish your blog RSS feed in our Green Living category. I believe the content on Lots of Life in One Place would be a great fit for our readers.

Syndicating to Before It's News is a terrific way spread the word and grow your audience. Many other organizations are using Before It's News to do just that. We can have your feed up and running in 24 hours. I just need you to reply with your permission to do so. Please include the full name and email of the person who will be attached to the account, and let me know the name you want on the account (most people have their name or their blog name).

You can also have any text and/or links you wish appended to the end or prepended to the beginning of each of your posts on Before It's News. Just email me the text and links that you want at the beginning and/or ending of each post. If you know html you can send me that. If not, just send me the text and a link to your site. It should be around 200 characters or less (not including links).

You can, if you like, create a custom feed for Before It's News that includes multiple links back to your blog or web site. We only require that RSS feeds include full stories, not partial stories. We don't censor or edit work.

All the best,

Chris Holehouse
Editor, Before It's News
www.beforeitsnews.com
chris.h@beforeitsnews.com